Get ready to rejuvenate your soul and regain your sanity. Northern Nights Music Festival is quickly approaching on July 15th. Give into the music and let yourself go!
With 4 stages to choose from, you will be able to see the world class artists you have come to love and respect, as well as unique and talented up and comers. There are also many other activities to keep you entertained and to keep your creative side satiated, from yoga to comedy hour to tons of art.
For those of you who haven't yet experienced the magic of NN, or just need a friendly reminder, here is a must-have checklist of 5 things you should bring (and what not to!).
5. Bring an ample supply of good energy and karma. Festival karma will be travel your way when you purchase that ticket, but once it is yours, it's your responsibility to keep happy (which shouldn't be hard).
4. Dancing shoes (or bare feet) but you should probably leave the heels or other uncomfortable shoes at home. Be ready to dance and enjoy music during the day under the warm CA sun and into the night under a colorful sea of lights bouncing off the canopy of the Redwood Forest. Additionally, water shoes for the river can be useful.
3. Rafts, inner tubes, noodles, and inflatable toys for river fun! Build a water palace and float with your friends in the serene EEL River while you soak up the sun and enjoy the music and talent from the River Stage.
2. Plenty of Shade. Speaking of the sun - it can get sizzling hot in the peak of July in Piercy, CA. Bring tools to make a shade structure for chilling in the day. Think tarps, canopies, tapestries, or carry around a parasol.
1. Open mind, open heart. Although you've probably got your schedule lined up, you never know what tantalizing tunes or phenomenal new friends are around the corner if you keep yourself open to new experiences.
LEAVE YOUR WORRIES AT HOME! The team at Northern Nights has been burning the midnight oil to ensure this a unique and luxurious camping experience. They have really covered all the bases to provide you with anything you could want or need at a musical camping experience. There are specialty bars and a plethora of food vendors from comfort to vegan dishes.
No tent? No worries! There are some pre-setup abodes for you to rent. If you aren't the camping type, they have hotel packages with shuttles to the event. Be sure to check the "Event Info" at the bottom of this article.
If you are only going to one festival this year, this versatile event
should be the one you choose. You can't go wrong with the friendly
atmosphere, relaxed environment, and all the eclectic entertainment.
Consider it a gift for all your senses and all the tools to connect
with your spiritual self this summer. Set yourself free to
nature's wonders under the warm sun with the river to cool you,
activities and music to please you, while you celebrate life
with old and new friends!
Dates: Northern Nights Music Festival will open their gates at 10:00AM Friday July 15th through Monday, July 18th. Wristbands will be available at box office check-in.
Age: Minimum age is 18. Bring ID
Location: COOK’S VALLEY CAMPGROUND located on the EEL RIVER (Humboldt & Mendocino County Border) 3 ½ Hours north of San Francisco off 101
Camping is included in festival tickets and is first come – first serve.
Parking is available for $25 but add-ons are available for purchase (Car camping, Reserve Grove camping, RV & more)
Rain or Shine Event
Group discounts are available!Important Links: